29 Jun 2012

GDrive has arrived - truly!

Google Drive for iOS has arrived, finally.

What does this mean for me? Well first off I really didn't want to give more money to Redmond, price competitive that it first appears to be, and being cross platform for my primary concerns (My MacBook and my wife's iPad).
Dropbox is a bit small for free and paid plans are very expensive - although Dropbox's penetration into apps means it will probably stay for work purposes.

What is interesting in Australia is the iOS price plan - For 25Gb storage Mountain View's offering will set you back $AU2.49/month or $29.88 p.a. Or via iAP on iOS $25.99 for one year. Perhaps Google is going to be releasing more annual plans soon as I am after 100Gb of storage, currently the monthly cost translates to $59.88 p.a. ($4.99/month), Skydrive is $50 p.a. so perhaps Google will beat that price?

No comments:

Post a Comment